Friday, July 4, 2008

Reading "High Performance MySQL, 2nd Edition"

I haven't received my copy of the book yet, but being unable to control my temptation I have started reading it over Safari while waiting for my own very personal copy. :)

Already a fan of the first edition, you can feel the same charisma being carried over in this book also. The best part of the book is the simplicity by which you are set sailing over MySQL.

Without doubt, it is one of the best books MySQL can ask for. Certainly, I would recommend this book to anyone who is associated with the word MySQL. Or otherwise if you answer yes to any of these questions below, then go and grab a copy.

  • Are you a developer working/struggling with MySQL?
  • Are you a DBA working/struggling with MySQL?
  • Do you intend to learn MySQL?
  • Are you fascinated by databases and open-source?
  • Do you work with some other RDBMS and have an open mind?
  • Are you an Internet entrepreneur worried about your one fine day?
  • ...
  • ...
  • ...
  • Do you love dolphins?

Well, there are some blanks left for you to fill in your own reasons. :)

As for me, I would take this opportunity to thanks Baron, Peter, Vadim, and Arjen for a wonderful book and resort back to reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Parvesh, Thank you for credential :)

Vadim Tk

Damien Daniels said...

Nice post thanks for sharing